Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Buttered Shrimps in Oyster Sauce


I got this recipe from Ate Chai, one of our churchmates who cooks really good. She told me to just marinate the shrimps in Spirte or 7-UP, cook it in butter and add oyster sauce. Sounded simple right? So when I got myself a kilo of shrimps from the supermarket, I decided to use half of the shrimps to try this new recipe.

1/2 kilo of shrimp
2 cups Sprite or 7-UP
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons oyster sauce

1. Marinate Shrimps in Sprite or 7-UP for at least 2 hours (I did mine overnight).

2. Melt butter into pan then sautee shrimps in butter.

3. Once shrimps turn orange in color, put in oyster sauce.

4. Let it simmer for around 5 to 10 minutes. You can add a little Sprite if the sauce gets a little too thick.

5. Serves 1-2 persons.

No comments: