Monday, May 14, 2007

Pineapple Chicken

This will not get a passing mark for photography classes. Well, I'm not really into food photography, and I have but a point-and-shoot digicam to work with, so please be forgiving of how the meal presentation looks like.

Anyway, this food experiment started when I discovered a bunch of sliced pineapples sitting in my refrigerator that were already getting too ripe for me to eat. So I decided to do another cooking experiment: pineapple chicken! I sliced and crushed the pineapples, got 5 pieces of chicken drumsticks, and started on my culinary laboratory work.

Ingredients:

5 pieces chicken drumsticks

1 cup of crushed pineapple

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tbsp sugar

5 cloves garlic

1 onion

1 cup vegetable oil


Marinate chicken in crushed pineapple and soy sauce for at least 2 hours (I did mine overnight). Pour oil into pre-heated pan, sautee garlic and onion. Add the chicken pieces and cover. When chicken is half-cooked, add the pineapple marinade. Let boil on low heat until chicken is completely cooked.

1 comment:

opalinevalente said...

Anvil-Arctic: The Tale of a Fire For D'Or, A
The Tale of a Fire For titanium mens ring D'Or is about titanium forging an ancient fortress whose titanium pot existence is threatened by an avalanche of dangerous beasts. implant grade titanium earrings The book titanium 6al4v was published in